Getting rid of household waste has never been a pleasant task, but thanks to automatic bins it can become a little less tedious. Thanks to their automatic opening, this type of bins are more hygienic in all aspects, prevent bad smells and are more aesthetic, and can even become a decorative complement.
How to choose a self-opening litter bin?
Arteconfort automatic waste bins allow the lid to open automatically by means of a presence sensor, without having to touch it by hand or step on the pedal. If you are tired of disposing of waste manually, of spills and bad smells, leave conventional bins behind and opt for an automatic waste bin. They are more convenient, hygienic and aesthetically pleasing.
When choosing a bin, there are several factors to consider in order to make the right choice, the most important of which are listed below:
- Size and shape: there are many different shapes and sizes of kitchens, so not all bins are suitable for every kitchen. If you have a large room, this isn’t a problem, but if you have a small kitchen, you should make sure that you choose a bin of the right size and shape. In this case, a medium-sized square bin that you can place in a corner can save you a lot of space. A very common option is to include our bucket in a kitchen cupboard. If this is your case, make sure you measure the space inside, taking into account the margin so that the lid can be opened easily when it is time to use it.
- Volume: an important aspect to consider is the amount of waste we generate. If it is a large amount of waste, the best option is to choose a large capacity bin, 50-60 litres for example.
- Materials: you can find buckets made of various materials, plastic or steel are some of the most common options. A plastic bucket will be light and economical, although this type of material can be damaged if it is knocked or dropped. If you prefer a more resistant option, go for a steel bucket, with a stainless steel finish that prevents fingerprints and makes it easier to clean.
- Number of compartments: a bin with two or three compartments will make recycling a quick and easy task.
Advantages of having an automatic bin
- Hygiene: thanks to the automatic function, there is no contact with the container, so you don’t need to wash your hands every time you use it.
- Durable: generally, these hands-free bins are made of very sturdy materials, most often stainless steel, so they last a long time with proper care.
- Comfortable: when we have both hands full, this automatic opening feature is very useful.
- Easy to clean: the stainless steel surfaces are very easy to clean and prevent the build-up of bacteria, as well as being anti-fingerprint.
- Stylish: it can be easily integrated into the kitchen décor and at the same time be an aesthetic element that adds value to the eye, while at the same time being highly functional.