Indoor furniture isn’t only a practical resource to be used as storage, but it is also an ideal complement to impregnate the different rooms of your home with style and design. Rustic, modern, industrial, etc., each piece of furniture has a unique personality that will be transmitted in every room.
How to make the best use of space in your home?
Chests of drawers and siphoniers are storage furniture that are practical and functional while adding great decorative value. They are a staple in the bedroom and also provide great functionality and style outside the bedroom. Dare to put a siphonier in the living room or dining room, or a chest of drawers in the hall? You will see how you get a great result.
Chest of drawers
The chest of drawers is one of the most useful pieces of furniture that helps us to store and decorate any corner of the house. There are countless models with different styles, sizes, materials and colours. To choose the chest of drawers that best suits our needs, we must take into account some questions. Firstly, we must evaluate the room and the space we have available.
On the other hand, we also have to pay attention to style and design. If we opt for materials and colours that stand out from the rest of the furniture (making the chest of drawers the centre of attention from which the rest of the room unfolds), or if, on the contrary, we prefer a piece of furniture in a neutral style that harmonises with the rest of the furniture. From there you can think about the small details: engravings, metallic pieces, floral appliqués, etc.
Siphonier is a practical piece of furniture that is ideal when we have a small room and a narrow space in which to place our furniture. As they are narrower and generally taller than chests of drawers, they are perfect for providing good storage space in a smaller space.
As with chests of drawers, the first step when choosing our chest of drawers is to evaluate the surface area available in the room where we want to place it. Choose the style, materials and colours as well as the details, paying attention to the result it will provide in combination with the rest of the elements in the room.
Choose the style of your chest of drawers or chest of drawers
A chest of drawers or chest of drawers in the right style and complemented appropriately can transform the most bland space into a dazzling room. If you still don’t know which style to choose, here are the keys to some of them:
- Nordic style: this style from northern Europe is minimalist, sober and pure. Straight lines are the protagonists, so opt for a piece of furniture with straight angles. You can forget about baroque details and go for soft and simple shapes. Wood is the material par excellence, and white and neutral colours are the ones to go for.
- Country house: nature and an attachment to the land and the countryside are the keys to this style, which thrives on the use of natural materials such as pine, oak and linen. Neutral finishes and untreated wood are some of the keys to evoke this rustic atmosphere.
- Vintage style: an ode to nostalgia, this style stands out for evoking past eras, especially those between the 1920s and 1970s. With this retro feel you can afford to opt for furniture with more sinuous shapes, richer and more baroque finishes. Ypu can play with the combination of metal and wood in the room, combine velvet with different textures, etc. Also, gold and shiny colours are an almost essential requirement.
- Contemporary style: characterised by the search for simplicity and authenticity. Ypu can clean lines and subtle complexity take over this style in which geometric furniture and accessories gain prominence. The combination of natural materials: cotton, wool or wood. Black and white are the main colours, accompanied by neutral touches.
- Industrial style: rooms with exposed structural elements, exposed brick walls and open spaces full of wood, metal and leather pieces. Vintage furniture, pieces from factories, metal structures, etc., and neutral colours define this style.
- Classic-chic style: elegant spaces with wooden furniture and warm textiles. A richer style, where you can recreate yourself with furniture and accessories with a more ornate style without going to excess. Gold and neutral colours are the main protagonists.
Why buy a siphonier or chest of drawers?
If you aren’t still sure why you should opt for a chest of drawers or a siphonier for your rooms, here are some tips:
- More storage space: when we see that our wardrobe is starting to lack space or we do not have enough drawers, a chest of drawers or a chest of drawers will provide us with all the space we need for our best clothes or accessories.
- An extra surface: apart from the usefulness of storage in its drawers, a chest of drawers offers us a surface where we can place those objects that we use regularly. Accessories or decorative elements are also perfect, and add an extra element of style to our room.
- A decorative touch: apart from being practical and functional, this piece of furniture is an ideal piece to complete the decoration of your room, completing the space and enhancing the style.